We would like to draw your attention to a funding opportunity. The Plastics Circular Economy focus area under Bioenergy and Circular Economy Portfolio at Alberta Innovates is continuously accepting proposals. The strategic areas of interest include but are not limited to:
- Products reuse, refurbishment, and remanufacturing: any technologies contributing to longer life for plastics products and keeping them in the economy.
- Sustainable plastics materials: using alternative materials to produce plastics with lower environmental footprint such as bio-based plastics and composites.
- Recycling technologies: open-loop and closed- loop recycling technologies such as mechanical and chemical recycling, and their integration into petrochemical and chemical industries.
- Design for circularity: improving design throughout the plastics life cycle to improve recyclability.
- Enabling technologies: non-conversion technologies contributing to lifecycle benefits:
- Digitalization: digital technologies for improved tracking, automation, robotics
- Waste management practices: enhanced sorting, feedstocks pre-processing
- Knowledge generation: feasibility studies, feedstocks assessment.
Please note any products fully or partially containing plastics resins are eligible for this funding.
The Clean Resources Program Guide provides more details on the application process. To use FY2022/23 funding, the approved projects need to have an executed investment agreement with Alberta Innovates by Mar 31, 2023.
Please reach out to Mehr with any questions:
Mehr Nikoo, MASc, P.Eng [She/Her]
Senior Manager, Clean Technology