As a member of APRA, you will join like-minded individuals seeking solutions to unique industry challenges. Explore waste management and recycling opportunities that directly affect your business and the environment.
APRA acts on its members’ behalf to:
- Provide networking and facilitation among members and the public
- Regular interaction with Provincial and Municipal Government in Alberta to address plastics issues
- Cooperation with, and support from, Alberta’s Delegated Administrative Organizations (DAO) charged with administration of mandated programs like deposit containers, used-oil, electronics
- Active participation in AlbertaCARE and the Recycling Council of Alberta
- Support for generators of waste plastics at the municipal level and also pre and post-industrial
- Oversight of Fee for Service or contract study work on specific areas of concern
- Involvement with pilot projects, field trials and other efforts to identify and direct feedstocks for recycling with APRA members whenever possible
- Communication to media to highlight the latest plastics news and recycling solutions
APRA was incorporated as an Alberta non-profit society in May 1991. Its membership consists of:
- plastics monomer, resin and material suppliers;
- plastics recyclers and waste management corporations;
- Plastics fabricators, converters and manufacturers, distributors, associations and DAOs;
- Municipalities and waste service boards.
APRA Members are required to become Operation Clean Sweep signatories by 2022. OCS is a free program that provides information and a best-practice guide for pellet and flake containment. Companies become OCS signatories and are then expected to implement a plastic-loss management plan throughout their operations and with all employees. More information about OCS.
APRA is affiliated with the Canadian Plastics Industry Association. APRA and CPIA are committed to the responsible use and recovery of plastic resources. APRA works in close cooperation with CPIA.