The Alberta Plastics Recycling Association (APRA) is in its 31st year as a not-for-profit association dedicated to the goals to advance plastic circularity and progress Alberta as a sustainable place to do business. APRA is a conduit of information in the diversion of plastics from landfill and makes introductions among stakeholders to build important relationships. Its membership consists of plastics resin producers, manufacturers, fabricators, converters, wholesalers and retailers of plastic products, along with plastics recyclers and other members of the recycling community. The organization has helped to establish plastics recycling initiatives in Alberta for materials including used oil containers, milk containers and expanded polystyrene (EPS) among others. The Association is committed to the establishment of an agricultural plastics program and increased capture of plastics materials without a designated recycling program.
APRA facilitates partnerships and programs to advance circularity across the plastics value chain:
A sustainable plastic circular economy where post-use plastic stays out of the environment and in the economy.
To advance plastic circularity and progress Alberta as a sustainable place to do business
- belief that all plastic in the environment and landfill can be eliminated
- committed to the concepts of Reduce, Re-use, Recycle, and Recover
- recognizes that a plastic circular economy offers many advantages to society
- understands that important business opportunities can be realized through a plastic circular economy
- committed to the inclusion of all members across the plastic value chain
- believes all participants in the plastic value chain need to take responsibility, and play a leadership role in providing stewardship solutions to post-use plastic